"Fruit of the Season" Pie Contest
Doreen Kenney 935-4183
Open to all ages - youth (14 years and under) - adult (15 years and up)
- Only one entry per person
- Pies to be made in 8" or 9" disposable pie plate
- Pies must be home made, two crust, and uncut
- List all ingredients should be included, however NO RECIPE is required
- Enter pies at the Exhibit Hall (baking department) on Friday, August 11, from 8:00am to 12 noon or on Fair Day between 10am and 12pm in the fair office
- Pies will be judged in the Grange building at 1pm.
- All pies become the property of the Valley Fair Association and auctioned for the benefit of the Valley Fair Association after judging
- Top 3 pies - live auctioned on Center Stage/remaining pies - silent auction in Grange Building.
Lads and Ladies Lead
4H State Qualifying Event
Robin Minaker 936-1479 email@example.com
- This contest is subject to cancellation
- To enter this competition, you must be a 4-H exhibitor enrolled in 4-H Sheep and 4-H Clothing.
- Primaries are not eligible
- Sheep may be owned or sponsored, wethers or ewes, conditioned, fitted and trained to show on halter.
- One major piece of ensemble must be made of at least 70% wool fiber.
- Garments may be handmade, hand-crochets, knitted or purchased.
- Commentary must be presented to the Exhibit Hall office upon arrival at the fair.
- No premiums awarded
Livestock Judging Contest
4H State qualifying event
Robin Minaker 935-8174 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Livestock Barn 1:00pm
Open to all youth
Seven classes of livestock made up of beef, dairy, sheep, swine, and goats
Oral reasons are required for intermediate and senior participants.
Awards will be announced the day of the fair.
- No premium points given for this contest.
Any animal exhibited on the day of the Fair may be used in Youth Judging Contest.
Please refer to the Northeast Washington Fair Book for any additional information.
Enjoy the shade and visit with friends
Doug and Kathy Coates 937-2635 email@example.com
- Friday, August 11 starting at 6pm - Valley Station Square
- Fair day starting at 1pm-Grange building
- Only 25¢ per card
Show off your artistic talent
Sponsored by Curtis Frace Plumbing
Theresa Carr 9372635 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contest pictures are available in the fair exhibit hall office on fair day as well as in the center of The Valley Community Fair Book.
- Artists must submit their work to the fair office for judging by 3pm on Fair Day
- Age divisions: 2-4yrs - 5-6yrs - 7-8yrs - 9-10yrs.
Good old-fashioned fun
Rose Duke 937-2114
- Join the fun from 1pm until the cakes are gone
- Only 50¢ per round!
- All cakes are generously baked and donated by members of the community.
Fun for all ages
Stephanie Aken 408-242-8812 email@example.com
- Inside Grange Building beginning at 9am (kids agea 0-10 years) Talent Show, Juggler, Magician, Puppet Show, Drawing Stations, Kiddie Bingo, Kiddie Parade Decorations Table
- Outside Grange Building beginning at 1pm Carnival games Tickets - 25cents each or 5/$1.00 Face Painting, Braids, Fishing Pond, Toss Game Contests (space limited) Hula Hoop, Water Balloon Toss, Watermellon & Pie Eating