- This show is a 4-H Dog Project State Qualifying Event for Stevens County. Top scoring exhibitors are automatically considered for State Fair under qualifying rules and quota. (Primaries are not eligible for State Fair.)
- Dogs three months of age or over, must show evidence of rabies vaccination. It is strongly recommended that all dogs, for their own protection, be vaccinated against DHLP and Parvo.
- Exhibitors will be responsible for keeping their allotted area clean. Dogs must be on a leash at all times unless crated. Any feces shall be disposed of properly.
- Any dog that causes a problem with other dogs will be excused from the fairgrounds.
- Exhibitors are limited to one dog per class. If an exhibitor wishes to show 2 dogs in 4-H classes, the dog that is entered in Fitting and Showing must be entered in one of the obedience classes. The second dog may be entered in a different obedience class, or the second dog may be entered in Open Division, instead of 4-H, but can’t be entered in both divisions.
- Refer to 4-H publication, EM4796 for rules.
- Do not confuse Open Division with Open Obedience Section VI.
- Beginning novice is for exhibitors who are beginners, with no previous experience, whose dogs have not had previous training.
- Pre-Novice is for exhibitors who have had previous training or new members whose dogs have had previous training.
- No wolf, wolf-hybrid, or other wild animal crosses may enter.
- Dogs in season will be allowed to exhibit, but must wear doggy britches, and will go last in obedience classes.
- Divisions within the same class may be combined for long sits and downs but will be judged separately.
Class I Fitting and Showing
Class II Obedience
A Beginning Obedience
B Pre-Novice (beginners) All exercises on leash
C Novice Obedience
D Advanced Novice Obedience
E Graduate Novice Obedience
F Open Obedience
Class IIl Costume Contest (no premium points awarded)
A Best dressed